+960 9977 101
XCAT Sail RowVista
Unique feature: steer by trimming the balance
Extremely smooth in the water, thanks to the hulls, which are optimised for rowing. Plenty of speed with just a little wind. A short mast and generous size sail (90.5 ft²) gives a lot of safety. And it is fast: Force 1-2 = 10 kph, Force 2-3 = 20 kph, Force 4-5 = 28 kph thanks to the lightweight hulls, the light overall weight of 75 kg (XCAT + sailing rig) and a unique mainsail that generates a very high power with its ingenious loop system.
Automatic heave-to for a break on the water: The XCAT does it with finesse by counter-steering automatically. Haul in the main sheet, roll in the jib, shift your weight to the front and the XCAT does the rest automatically: the boat turns into the wind, moves back, the rudder counter-steers the stern to port or starboard and the boat moves forwards again. As it turns into the wind again it repeats the whole cycle, but in the other direction. The result: the XCAT swings in the wind between 15° to port and 15° to starboard, and that works even when a storm suddenly develops. Safety that only the XCAT can offer.
Genoa style head sail instead of a jib: Provides excellent power and can be rolled in quickly with the endless roller. Main sail with 6 easy-to-fit sail battens. Strong and tough 6 oz. Dacron sail cloth.
The XCAT does not need a dagger board: The shape of the hull with its full-length keels prevents leeway.
- Thanks to the hull keels, the XCAT is unbelievably smooth in the water and virtually has an integrated self-steering system. On the XCAT you can simply let go of the tiller and control the boat by shifting your weight. Move your weight forward and the XCAT luffs up into the wind, regardless of the direction it is coming from. Move your weight aft and the XCAT steers away from the wind. That is simply awesome.
- Boats with a dagger board only hold their course if they are steered with care. On longer trips it is tiring to always have to concentrate on steering.
- Easy running up on the beach
- No sensitive folding dagger board design
- Low risk of capsizing (Side pressure on dagger board increases the tendency to capsize
Available on backorder